Year Round, Day/Weekend Camping
There are three camp properties available for rental on a year round basis in support of the camping programs for the units.
Scout Adventure Camp - is located in Rochelle, Illinois. This property is close and easy to access on a year round basis.
Camp Shin-Go-Beek - is located in central Wisconsin 45 miles west of Oshkosh. This location is a popular spot since it is near popular downhill ski resorts and is an ideal location for cross-country skiing. Spring and fall programs can also be held by units to augment or relive a summer camp experience for their youth.
- Camp Shin Go Beek Property Usage Application
- Map of Camp Shin Go Beek
- Google Map to Camp Shin Go Beek (Opens in a new window)
Camp Mach-Kin-O-Siew - is located in the pine forests of northern Wisconsin near Rhinelander. Three day weekends are perfect for a troop to enjoy a fun filled weekend in the out of doors. Winter presents an excellent opportunity for cross country skiing and other winter sports. Older youth including Venturers special outings or Troop Junior Leader Planning weekends would be great here.
- Camp Mach Kin O Siew Property Usage Application
- Map of Camp Mach Kin O Siew
- Google Map to Camp Mach Kin O Siew (Opens in a new window)
For additional information on availability, and rental costs for any of these properties, please contact the Program Secretary at the Council Service Center.
Short Term Camping Reservation Procedures
- Reservation forms for all three properties are available at the Council Service Center, 811 W. Hillgrove Ave, LaGrange, IL 60525.
- A site, or property, will be considered reserved when the application, along with appropriate fees, is received at the Council Service Center.
Back to Council Home Page